Today you will be taking your Unit 1 Pre-Test. Please read these questions and answer honestly. This information will be used to determine how much time will be spent on each topic. If the class knows the information, then we will not spend as much time on that topic.
Learning Targets for Unit 1:
1. I can identify the steps of scientific inquiry in order.
2. I can determine the controls in an experiment.
3. I can determine the independent and dependent variables in an experiment.
4. I can determine the difference between an inference and an observation.
5. I can identify the characteristics of living things and explain how biology is a part of everyday life.
6. I can understand bioethics and give examples of how it is controversial in today's society.
7. I can justify how I determined the observation that initiated the investigation.
8. I can justify how I determined the hypothesis that an experiment is designed to test.
9. I can justify a logical conclusion based on results/data of investigation.
10. I can defend/support a claim through evidence and reasoning.
11. I can execute with precision a set of experimental procedures/steps.
12. I can design an experimental procedure that is precise and easy to follow.
13. I can create a reasonable hypothesis
14. I can collect valid data/results from an experiment in an organized fashion.
15. I can learn how to use a microscope and how it is used to study living things.
16. I can design and conduct a testable experiment based on scientific principles.
As well as taking the pre-test, we will begin working on scientific inquiry. We will form groups and begin our radish seed investigation that is found in the Unit 1 packet.
We will look at the needs of seeds, plan the radish seed investigation, set up the experiment, and make our first observations.
Learning Target Pre-Test